miércoles, 26 de marzo de 2008

"I thought seriously about hanging the bike"

This morning at the headquarters of cff-Fans Blog we received a visit from Arno VanPutten, undisputed leader of the U-23 cobblestone dream team. He told us how tense the relationship with the Dutch federation is "they are strategically nulls and they have undermined the morale of most of the U-23 members with their pressure and bad tactics."

The rider, very saddened recounted hell lived in the Middelkerke-Zottegem, where he was the main favorite and finished in an 8th position to taste defeat, "when in the 3 rd stretch, of pure hills, I was ordered by the coach to remain passive I could feel my world ruined, all the training for several seasons thrown in the trash ""When we finished the race and during the following weeks, I thought seriously about hanging the bike, but I was encouraged by my teammates in KELME and I decided to continue."

We were also confessed that he has some offers from other national federations that they would be willing to nationalize him, although at the moment aren't included in cff and Arno has chosen not to name them.

"The relationship with my colleagues in the Netherlands almost always been very good, the best I was carrying with Daan, it was a real capo and I am proud to have contributed with my helps to his victory in the cobble-hills international"

But during concentrations with the national team, cycling wasn't all of what was spoken. And so we enter into the most sensitive part of what Arno has lived since he became a professional. "When Clement, a guy from my neighborhood, somewhat lower than I, became professional with Uis delighted because we all saw in him the spirit of a great champion" "He will soon go to a big, Pinarolli, where he grew up professionally and personally. However unfortunately, his team dismantled and he went to Uis again, where he spent very difficult times. Attempted cover his homosexuality to divert attention from the places they frequented late at night with the scandal of his talent 0 ""Axel is my friend and So I see hurt by the treatment they gave him, not let him be himself and soon forced his departure to Kelmeforever, winning a lot of € "However with his new team he feels liberated and has promised to return the trust therein in the form of great results. "

No hay comentarios: